If you use MailChimp to send email to any MaestroLIVE CRM contact and/or business, you need the ML/M connector
If you use a MailChimp account to communicate with the contacts and/or businesses listed in your MaestroLIVE account, then you need to think about the ML/M connector in order to integrate the two systems to each other. The MailChimp integration is easy - all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
Log into MaestroLIVE Office (MLO)
- Click on "Admin"
- Hover over "Settings" then select "Other configurations"
- Find the "Mailchimp API Key" field
- Click on the ellipse button to the very right hand side
- Click update
Leaving the MLO screen open, now log into your Mailchimp account
- Click on the "V" icon to the right of your user name
- Click on "Account"
- Click on "Extras"
- Click on "API Keys"
- Scroll down till you see your key (it will look something like "cd8f542fc50cc00c5607065210391d10-us22")
- Select all of this key and copy it
Now return to your MLO window and paste this value into the “Value” field (see Step 5 of the MLO actions above)
- Paste the value copied in Step 6 above into the "Value" field
- Click "Update"
- You should now see your key populating this field
- From hereon in, all mails generated by Mailchimp will be seen by MaestroLIVE and handled appropriately
And you are done. One MailChimp integration in place and working.
To view Mailchimp integration in operation:
- Click on MLO "CRM" menu option
- Click on "Business" (or "Contact")
- Select business or contact from list and click on the ellipse button to the right
- Click "View"
- You can now see there is a new tab in the metadata history called "MailChimp"
- Click on the tab to display the details
- Listed here will be the emails sent to this business/contact email address from MailChimp
- you will see the time/date of any mail sent, and a time/date stamp of when the mail was opened (if it was) by the recipient, and a blue "Archive" link
- Clicking on this link will open the actual email itself